WELCOME to the JICHS Writing Center!!!
Sign up for College Application & Scholarship Essay Help!!!
The writing center is dedicating Nov. 14th - 18th to helping seniors prepare their college application essays. Email Ms. Ballard (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information or to make an appointment!
WHEN: 1st period (8:00-9:30) and 2nd period (9:35-10:20)
WHERE: Room 220
WHO: Students who need help with ANY writing assignment in ANY class!.
WHY: We would like to help you to improve your writing skills to become a better, more confident writer!
HOW: You may come to the writing center at any point during 1st or 2nd period. You MUST have a pass from your teacher (or late-in pass) AND a specific writing assignment.
- Whole-class instruction on a specific topic (writing process, writing formatting (MLA & APA), conventions, writing structure / organization, revising, editing, using Google Docs to collaborate)
- Writing workshops -- mini lessons on writing topics (see above)
- Proofreading (with advance notice)
- Whole-class & individual help with writing AFTER research process has been completed
- Writing workshops on a variety of topics
Contact Ms. Ballard for more information: